This Classic Breakfast Acai Bowl is a healthy option for breakfast. This vegan smoothie bowl is made with only four main ingredients and is full of powerful antioxidants and vitamins! All you need is one packet of frozen acai puree, bananas and blueberries and a splash of non-dairy milk.
This delicious acai smoothie bowl is naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup for a refined-sugar-free treat! Enjoy a smooth and creamy acai bowl during summer or when you're craving something refreshing!
You will no longer miss your local smoothie shop because now you can make delicious, good for you smoothies and bowls at home! I share some tips to make thick and creamy smoothie bowls as well as my favorite appliance later in this post!
How to Make a Quick and Easy Classic Breakfast Acai Bowl:
First, you'll need a high powered blender or a food processor to make this smoothie bowl. This 3.5 qt. KitchenAid food processor is my favorite kitchen appliance because it blends smoothie bowls better than my Nutribullet blender, takes up little space on the counter and is easy to clean. I use this small, but mighty food processor for all of my smoothie bowls and for making banana nice cream!
Don't skip this step! Run your packet of frozen acai puree under hot water to slightly thaw and break in half before opening. This step helps your acai puree get evenly distributed throughout the smoothie bowl and makes blending easier.
Next, add the thawed acai packet, frozen blueberries and frozen banana chunks to your blender or food processor. Drizzle a little pure maple syrup or honey for sweetness and sprinkle in some acai powder for an enhanced berry flavor. Finally, pour in a splash of non-dairy milk to help your ingredients blend smoothly.
Afterwards, give your blender or food processor a little break from blending and then blend again to make sure your acai bowl doesn't have any big chunks of frozen fruit left behind. Your classic breakfast acai bowl should be thick and creamy before you spoon it into a bowl and add any toppings.
What's Acai? Do I need the puree or the powder?
Acai is a berry similar to a blueberry or grape. Acai berries are low in calories and high in antioxidants and nutrients. To learn more about the benefits of acai, check out this article.
You need acai puree for this recipe as it is the base of the smoothie bowl. I also add acai powder to elevate the unique berry flavor, but the powder is optional in this recipe! If you only have acai powder and not puree, try my wild blueberry smoothie bowl instead.
Typically, frozen acai puree is great when you want to use it as the main fruit in a smoothie or smoothie bowl. Meanwhile, acai powder is a good option if you want to use up a different berry you have on hand like strawberries or raspberries, but still want a hint of acai flavor.
Everything You'll Need
- Frozen Banana: Frozen ripe bananas make this quick and easy smoothie bowl thick and creamy. Tip: slicing your bananas with a sharp knife before blending makes it easier on your food processor or blender.
- Frozen Acai Puree: This recipe calls for one packet of unsweetened acai puree. You can find this ingredient in the freezer section at most grocery stores. I grab it at Trader Joe's, but here's Whole Food's acai puree.
- Frozen Wild Blueberries: Any frozen blueberries will work! However, I love to use frozen wild blueberries when I can as they have the best flavor and health benefits.
- Non-Dairy Milk: Grab your favorite non-dairy milk for this recipe. Adding a little milk of your choice helps the ingredients blend!
- Pure Maple Syrup or Honey: Stick to pure maple syrup to keep this healthy smoothie bowl vegan, or substitute honey if you'd like!
- Acai Powder, optional: This ingredient is optional and you don't need it to make this classic breakfast acai bowl. If you do have acai powder, add a teaspoon to enhance the acai flavor!
- Granola, fruit or nut butter for topping, optional: Feel free to top your smooth and creamy smoothie bowl with your favorite toppings like this crunchy peanut butter granola.
Where can I buy Acai?
Here are some of my favorite acai products!
- Sambazon Frozen Acai Puree
- Trader Joe's unsweetened Froze Acai Puree (my favorite!) - sorry no link, but head over to the store if you have a TJ's near you!
- Sunfood Acai Powder
- Nativas Acai Powder
I typically buy acai powder at Whole Foods whenever it is on sale, but also check your local stores like Target and Walmart for more acai products!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Chocolate Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie
- Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Banana Chia Pudding
- Healthy Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola
If you make this classic breakfast acai bowl, be sure to tag #bakedabundance on Instagram. We’d also love if you would leave a comment below and rate the recipe. We appreciate you!Print
Classic Breakfast Acai Bowl
This Classic Breakfast Acai Bowl is smooth, creamy and a healthy vegan smoothie bowl. Made with a frozen acai packet, bananas and blueberries, it's like enjoying fruit sorbet for breakfast!
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 large frozen banana, sliced
- 1 3.53 ounce frozen packet unsweetened acai puree
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼-⅓ cup non-dairy milk of choice (or water)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, optional
- Add ingredients to a food processor or a high-powered blender capable of blending with little liquid.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more non-dairy milk if needed while blending.
- Serve acai smoothie bowl in a large bowl and eat with a spoon. Top with your favorite toppings like granola, fresh fruit or nut butter.
Slice your frozen banana for easier blending.
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: classic acai bowl, easy vegan breakfast, smoothie bowl recipe, frozen acai puree
Leave a Reply