Indulge in these deliciously rich and decadent double chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are made without eggs so they're perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions too! These cookies are packed with gooey chocolate chips and lots of cocoa powder.
Treat yourself to a double chocolate cookie that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving more. If you are a chocolate lover, you have to try these egg-free double chocolate chip cookies. You're going to love them!
Dark chocolate is my favorite after-dinner treat and these double chocolate cookies always satisfy my sweet tooth and chocolate craving. These cookies are soft and chewy in the center with slightly crispy edges. They are so delicious and you're going to come back to this recipe time and time again. I bet you didn't know eggless cookies could taste so good!
If you are looking for more egg-free recipes, you have got to try my traditional eggless chocolate chip cookies. This is the most popular recipe on my website and for good reason!
Jump to section:
Why You’ll Love These Chocolate Cookies Without Eggs
- These decadent and chewy cookies are full of rich chocolatey flavor.
- This recipe is made with pantry staples you should already have on hand.
- They have crispy edges with a super soft center.
- This recipe is allergen-friendly for people who do not eat eggs!
- Easy to freeze cookie dough balls for future baking.
- salted butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- chocolate chips
Tips & Tricks
- Before baking: For a professional-looking cookie, top each cookie dough ball with extra chocolate chips. This ensures you will have some chocolate chips on the tops of your cookies that are easy to see. They look so much prettier this way!
- After baking: For extra flat and chewy cookies, try the "pan-banging technique". This is when you drop the baking sheet onto a soft potholder a few times immediately after removing the cookies from the oven. I recommend giving the baking sheet a few good taps onto the potholder and not actually dropping the baking sheet as I've seen a few other techniques mention. This way your cookies don't go sliding all over the place!
- After baking: For perfectly round cookies, use a butter knife to gently tap the edges of the cookie to create a perfect circle while they are still warm. I do this once I take them out of the oven. Say goodbye to any of those wonky edges!
Frequently Asked Questions:
I recommend using unsweetened cocoa powder in this cookie recipe. Other options include cacao powder, dutch processed cocoa and black cocoa powder. I have not tested this recipe with other cocoa powders. Any of these should work!
You can use any chocolate chips in this recipe. I personally love dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate. But semi-sweet, milk or even white chocolate chips will work!
To make this recipe vegan, you'll need to swap the butter for vegan butter or coconut oil. I have not tested this myself yet, but I have had a few people tell me they tried both of these alternatives and it worked great!
To make this recipe gluten-free, I recommend using a 1:1 baking flour that is most similar to traditional all-purpose flour. I have not tested this myself yet, but I hope to soon!
Other Recipes You'll Enjoy:
If you make these double chocolate chip cookies, be sure to tag #bakedabundance on Instagram. We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below and rate the recipe. We appreciate you!Print
Eggless Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
These double chocolate chip cookies are packed with gooey chocolate chips and lots of cocoa powder. These cookies are made without eggs so they're perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions too! Any chocolate lover is going to love this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 22
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup water, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter with the white sugar and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the room temperature water and vanilla extract, and beat until well combined. The mixture may separate and look curdled. Keep mixing until the water is well incorporated and trust the process.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving about 2-3 inches of space between each cookie. I bake 6 cookies on an extra large baking sheet or 4-5 cookies on a standard baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly soft.
- Once you remove the cookies from the oven, you can try the “pan banging” technique to flatten the cookies and create crinkly edges. Be sure to have a thick tea towel or soft pot holder on your counter so you tap the baking sheet onto a soft surface. Two or three taps should do the trick!
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before enjoying them.
How to make these cookies less chocolatey: If you don't want as strong of a chocolate flavor, you can use the following flour and cocoa powder ratio, 1 ½ cup + 2 tablespoons flour and ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.
Keywords: double chocolate chip cookies, egg free cookies, eggless chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate cookies
I am obsessed with these cookies! Chocolate is my fav and this recipe is the best!
I'm so glad you enjoyed these cookies Sam! Thanks for making my double chocolate cookie recipe and leaving a 5-star review! I appreciate it!
I already love your eggless chocolate chip cookies and I couldn’t wait to make the double chocolate version. I used semisweet chips and sprinkled a little sea salt on top of some when they were fresh out of the oven. So rich and fudgy and chocolatey. This recipe is another keeper!!
Thanks for such a kind review Greta! I am so glad you love both of my eggless chocolate chip cookie recipes. Cheers!
I was really craving something chocolatey recently and these cookies did the trick!! I love chocolate desserts and couldn't wait to make these double chocolate cookies. I topped mine with some sea salt and they were chef's kiss. I love your regular eggless chocolate chip cookies too so excited to have a chocolate version now. Thank you!!
I'm so glad you love both of my eggless chocolate chip cookie recipes!! Thank you for this amazing review, Jenna. I'm so glad these chocolate cookies hit the spot!