Indulge in these deliciously rich and decadent double chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are made without eggs so they're perfect for anyone with dietary restrictions too! These cookies are packed with gooey chocolate chips and lots of cocoa powder.
Treat yourself to an eggless chocolate cookie that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving more.
Dark chocolate is my favorite after-dinner treat and these double chocolate cookies always satisfy my sweet tooth and chocolate craving. These cookies are soft and chewy in the center with slightly crispy edges. They are so delicious and you're going to come back to this recipe time and time again. I bet you didn't know eggless cookies could taste so good!
If you are looking for more egg-free recipes, you have got to try my traditional eggless chocolate chip cookies. This is the most popular recipe on my website and for good reason!
Jump to section:
Why You’ll Love These Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Without Eggs
- These decadent and chewy cookies are full of rich chocolatey flavor.
- This recipe is made with pantry staples you should already have on hand.
- They have crispy edges with a super soft center.
- This recipe is allergen-friendly for people who do not eat eggs!
- Easy to freeze cookie dough balls for future baking.
If you are a chocolate lover, you have to try these double chocolate chip cookies with no eggs. You're going to love them!
- salted butter
- granulated sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- baking soda
- kosher salt
- chocolate chips
Tips & Tricks
- Before baking: For a professional-looking cookie, top each cookie dough ball with extra chocolate chips. This ensures you will have some chocolate chips on the tops of your cookies that are easy to see. They look so much prettier this way!
- After baking: For extra flat and chewy cookies, try the "pan-banging technique". This is when you drop the baking sheet onto a soft potholder a few times immediately after removing the cookies from the oven. I recommend giving the baking sheet a few good taps onto the potholder and not actually dropping the baking sheet as I've seen a few other techniques mention. This way your cookies don't go sliding all over the place!
- After baking: For perfectly round cookies, use a butter knife to gently tap the edges of the cookie to create a perfect circle while they are still warm. I do this once I take them out of the oven. Say goodbye to any of those wonky edges!
Frequently Asked Questions:
I recommend using unsweetened cocoa powder in this cookie recipe. Other options include cacao powder, dutch processed cocoa and black cocoa powder. I have not tested this recipe with other cocoa powders. Any of these should work!
You can use any chocolate chips in this recipe. I personally love dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate. But semi-sweet, milk or even white chocolate chips will work!
To make this recipe vegan, you'll need to swap the butter for vegan butter or coconut oil. I have not tested this myself yet, but I have had a few people tell me they tried both of these alternatives and it worked great!
To make this recipe gluten-free, I recommend using a 1:1 baking flour that is most similar to traditional all-purpose flour. I have not tested this myself yet, but I hope to soon!
Other Recipes You'll Enjoy:
If you make these double chocolate chip cookies, be sure to tag #bakedabundance on Instagram. We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below and rate the recipe. We appreciate you!Print