Fresh lemon and juicy blueberries make these Healthy Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins a light and wholesome breakfast. These quick and easy blueberries muffins are packed with protein and are lightened up with just a touch of cane sugar or honey. Greek yogurt is the magic ingredient that makes these healthy muffins super moist and delicious!
You're going to love how fast you can whip up this healthy lemon blueberry greek yogurt muffin recipe! The muffins are in the oven for only 15 minutes, which means you can make this recipe and have a light and fluffy lemon muffin in your mouth in under 30 minutes. Now, that's what we're talking about!
You're New Spring & Summer Favorite: Healthy Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins!
Welcome your new favorite spring and summer recipe... these light and fluffy lemon blueberry muffins! Lemon flavored desserts and baked goods reminds me of spring and summer. I'm always in the mood for refreshing recipes and fresh fruit during these months and these healthy muffins are just that!
Tips for Baking Amazing Muffins:
Want to know the secret to making perfect muffins?! A nonstick muffin pan!
If your muffins always stick to the bottom of your muffin pan, it might be time for a new one! I love these nonstick muffin tins from Wilton and they create perfect muffins every time! You can also find this brand in Target (sometimes they carry cute seasonal colors or exclusive designs).
Here's a few more tips for making amazing muffins:
- Ditch the muffin liners! Unless you're bringing these muffins to a party or they need to be in wrappers, I highly recommend not using muffin liners. Depending on the recipe, your muffins can stick to the liners which becomes annoying when you have to take little bites around the areas with glued on paper stuck to them.
- Grease your muffin tin. Use olive oil cooking spray or coconut oil to grease your muffin tins so they won't stick.
- Use a cookie scoop. Buy a large cookie scooper to help scoop your muffin batter. This not only saves you from making a mess, your muffins will come out equal in size and look more professional.
- Toothpick test. Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin to check for doneness. The toothpick should come out clean with little to no crumbs when the muffins are done baking. If you feel like your muffins are almost done or baking quickly, feel free to do this test a few minutes before the suggested baking time to make sure you don't over-bake your muffins.
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Muffins:
This recipe is pretty simple to make! Grab your mixer and add the wet ingredients to a bowl with the cane sugar or honey. Make sure you leave the melted butter or coconut oil until the end! This is one of the last steps in making the muffin batter. After your wet ingredients are combined, add your dry ingredients. Before mixing, use a spoon to gently stir the baking powder and soda into the flour so it's incorporated throughout. Lastly, melt your butter or coconut oil in the microwave and mix it into your muffin batter until just combined.
Once the lemon muffin batter is ready, it's time to add those delicious blueberries! If using frozen berries, rinse them under cold water until the water runs clear. This is a trick that stops your muffins from turning purple! Next, toss your fresh or frozen blueberries in a tablespoon of flour before adding to the batter. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the blueberries.
Everything You'll Need
- Eggs: This healthier muffin recipe calls for two eggs to help bind the ingredients together and also add protein!
- Greek Yogurt: A few scoops of plain greek yogurt bring loads of moisture to these muffins as well as protein!
- Lemon Juice: Squeeze fresh lemon into the muffin batter for a bright, lemon flavor. Yum!
- Lemon Zest: Did you know there's actually a lot of flavor in the zest from citrus? I use this tool to finely zest lemons into baked goods and homemade jams.
- Cane Sugar or Honey: Time to add some sweetness! It's up to you, choose cane sugar or honey to sweeten your lemon blueberry muffins.
- Lemon Extract, optional: If I have it, I always add a teaspoon of lemon extract to lemon muffins or lemon cake to make sure the lemon flavor is robust!
- Vanilla Extract: A little vanilla extract is always a nice touch in baking. If you're using vanilla greek yogurt, you can leave this out!
- All-Purpose Flour: I use traditional all-purpose flour to keep these muffins light and airy, however you could substitute 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour or oat flour if you'd like to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Baking Powder: This easy muffin recipe calls for baking powder to help the muffins rise while baking.
- Baking Soda: This ingredient also helps these muffins rise!
- Salt: Add a pinch of salt to balance out the sweetness in this muffin recipe.
- Blueberries, fresh or frozen: Juicy and plump blueberries make these healthy blueberry muffins irresistible! You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. I typically buy organic frozen berries as they're more affordable that fresh organic ones.
Need to make a substitution?
I'd recommend swapping the all-purpose flour for a 1:1 gluten-free all-purpose flour like this one from Bob's Red Mill! You could also try gluten-free oat flour.
Swap out the regular greek yogurt for your favorite dairy-free yogurt!
More Healthier Recipes
- Healthier Lemon Crumb Muffins
- One Bowl Vegan Flourless Chickpea Cookies
- Amazing Buttery Blueberry Crumble Bars
- Peanut Butter Banana Chia Seed Pudding
If you make these healthy lemon blueberry greek yogurt muffins, be sure to tag #bakedabundance on Instagram. We’d also love if you would leave a comment below and rate the recipe. We appreciate you!Print