Take your breakfasts up a notch with this homemade honey walnut cream cheese. Made with just a few wholesome ingredients, this sweet and nutty cream cheese spread pairs perfectly with your morning bagel or slice of toast.
No brunch spread is complete without a delicious, homemade cream cheese spread or dip. You're going to love how easy this recipe is!
Plus, if you're a Panera lover, this is a copycat version of their honey walnut cream cheese that tastes even better.
This honey walnut cream cheese recipe will upgrade your daily breakfast or next brunch buffet in seconds. This sweet, nutty, and spiced cream cheese spread is a match made in heaven for bagel lovers!
Made with simple, real-food ingredients, this creamy spread will help you start the day off on a happy, tasty note.
This post will give you all the tips and tricks on how to make the perfect cinnamon walnut cream cheese dip or schmear.
Featured 5-star reviews:
Want to know what other people thought of this recipe? Check out these 5-star reviews left by our readers:
- "I just had to try this homemade version of the Panera honey walnut cream cheese. It used to be my favorite and now I love that I can make it at home. Thanks!" - Lexie
- "I made this recipe AND your strawberry cream cheese spread for my Galentine's brunch party and served them with mini assorted bagels. Everyone was digging in. SO good!" - Kindra
Looking for more cream cheese recipes? This yogurt cream cheese fruit dip is a must-make for your next summer party. This is my family's go-to fruit dip recipe and it is always a hit! Plus, it's healthier than most other recipes since it's refined sugar-free.
Want to make another cream cheese flavor? You've got to make my strawberry cream cheese. It's one-of-a-kind and truly life-changing.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Crunchy chopped walnuts! This nutty cream cheese spread tastes like a copycat version of Panera honey walnut cream cheese, but even better!
- Notes of honey and cinnamon! This fragrant, sweet spread is so worth making at home and is tastier than storebought.
- Perfect for breakfast! This cream cheese was made for bagels. Or were bagels made for this cream cheese? 😉
- Easy to make! This is a quick, simple recipe that makes an average day at home feel like a fancy brunch spot.
- Real ingredients & no processed sugar! This recipe calls for your choice of honey or pure maple syrup instead of refined sugar. Control the sweetness in this recipe and enjoy a healthier cream cheese.
- Cream cheese
- Salt, optional
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Need to make a substitution or missing an ingredient? Here are some ways you can alter this recipe to fit your unique dietary needs.
- Dairy-free? Use your favorite dairy-free cream cheese.
- Vegan? Use vegan cream cheese and substitute the honey for pure maple syrup or powdered sugar.
- Don't have walnuts? The best swap for walnuts in this recipe is pecans. You can use your favorite nuts or seeds if desired.
Here are a few ideas for customizing this recipe and making different flavor variations:
- Top your bagel or toast with a drizzle of nut butter or fresh fruit.
- Sweeten your spread with pure maple syrup instead of honey for a slight maple flavor.
- Making this recipe for your kiddos? Add fun sprinkles to the cream cheese spread for a pop of color!
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
How To Make Honey & Walnut Cream Cheese Spread
Step 1: Beat a block of softened cream cheese until smooth. Add cinnamon, honey, and a pinch of salt and beat to combine.
Step 2: Next, add chopped walnuts.
Step 3: Mix the ingredients with a rubber spatula or a large spoon until thoroughly combined.
Step 4: Transfer to a small bowl or glass storage container. Top with extra nuts and honey before serving if desired.
Expert Tips & Tricks
- Unwrap the block of cream cheese from the foil wrapper before sitting it on the counter to come to room temperature. If you leave the cream cheese in the foil, it will stay cold and take longer to soften.
- To quickly soften the cream cheese, use the microwave for brief 10-second intervals. Be sure not to overheat the cream cheese. It should feel room-temperature and soft to the touch.
- Use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or even a food processor to blend and combine the cream cheese ingredients until smooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about this recipe? Here are some additional tips and commonly asked questions:
This cream cheese recipe is healthier than most as it is refined sugar free and uses honey or pure maple syrup instead of sugar.
Spread onto bagels or toast or dip fresh fruit or pretzels into the cream cheese for a sweet treat!
You'll need a mixing bowl, a mixer or food processor, a rubber spatula, a tablespoon, and an airtight storage container to make this recipe.
Store cream cheese spread with strawberries in an airtight container (I like to use a small glass Pyrex dish or an upcycled glass jar) and place in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did you try this honey and walnut cream cheese? Leave a five ⭐️ review below and tag @bakedabundance on Instagram & Facebook!