There's nothing better than starting your morning with a thick spread of this homemade strawberry cream cheese on a bagel or toast. This cream cheese recipe comes together in minutes, is full of real strawberry flavor, and is healthier than the storebought alternative.
This recipe will soon become one of your go-tos for a quick and delicious breakfast!
This strawberry cream cheese recipe is like no other! Unlike other recipes, the strawberry flavor comes from freeze-dried strawberries and strawberry preserves. This creates a beautiful, light pink cream cheese spread that isn't watery or chunky like one with fresh strawberries.
By using these simple strawberry ingredients, the cream cheese spread will last longer and have a smoother consistency. That's a win for both flavor and texture!
Featured 5-star reviews:
Want to know what other people thought of this recipe? Check out these 5-star reviews left by our readers:
- "Amazing strawberry flavor! Better than the cream cheese from the grocery store. Great tasting spread for a plain bagel." - Evan
- "I love cream cheese with strawberries and I was very pleased with this recipe. Highly recommend making it!" - Leah
Looking for more cream cheese recipes? Try this tasty yogurt cream cheese fruit dip. This recipe is perfect for parties, summer gatherings, or brunch. Serve with your favorite sliced and chopped fruit and enjoy!
Looking for more strawberry recipes? Try these chewy strawberries and cream cookies that also use freeze-dried strawberries!
Want to make something fun with fresh strawberries? These pink and white chocolate covered strawberries are adorable and delicious!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- Fresh & fruity! This fruity cream cheese spread tastes like a copycat version of Philadelphia strawberry cream cheese! It is truly packed with natural strawberry flavor and in my humble opinion, is even better than storebought!
- Perfect for breakfast! This spread is perfect on a warm, toasted bagel in the morning.
- Easy to make! You only need a handful of ingredients to make this homemade cream cheese spread. Plus, it comes together in minutes!
- Real ingredients & no processed sugar! This recipe calls for wholesome ingredients and is sweetened with your choice of honey or pure maple syrup. Control the sweetness in this recipe and enjoy a healthier berry cream cheese.
- Cream cheese
- Freeze-dried strawberries
- Strawberry preserves or jam
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Need to make a substitution or missing an ingredient? Here are some ways you can alter this recipe to fit your unique dietary needs.
- Dairy-free? Use your favorite dairy-free cream cheese.
- Vegan? Use vegan cream cheese and substitute the honey for pure maple syrup or powdered sugar.
- Don't have freeze-dried strawberries? I have also made this recipe with only cream cheese and strawberry preserves. If you don't have freeze-dried strawberries, you can make a simpler version of this recipe by just mixing together softened cream cheese and your favorite strawberry jam. This version will taste more like strawberry jam than the original recipe.
Here are a few ideas for customizing this recipe and making different flavor variations:
- Top your strawberry cream cheese bagel or toast with sliced, fresh strawberries to elevate the strawberry flavor and create an Instagram-worthy breakfast.
- Sweeten your spread with pure maple syrup instead of honey for a slight maple flavor.
- Mix some colorful sprinkles into the cream cheese spread for a pop of color! This will be a hit with kids and little ones.
- Mix in fresh fruit if desired. This will shorten how long your cream cheese may last in the fridge but is a great addition right before serving. Some juicy strawberries or fresh raspberries would taste amazing in this recipe.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
How To Make Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
Step 1: Beat a block of softened cream cheese until smooth. Add honey and beat to combine.
Step 2: Next, add strawberry powder to the whipped cream cheese and beat to combine.
Step 3: The cream cheese mixture will have a beautiful light pink color. Stop here or elevate the strawberry flavor with the next step.
Step 4: Add your favorite berry jam or preserves.
Step 5: Swirl a dollop of strawberry preserves throughout the cream cheese. Do not fully combine.
Step 6: Lastly, store the strawberry spread in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Expert Tips & Tricks
- When letting a block of cream cheese come to room temperature, be sure to unwrap the cream cheese from the foil wrapping. If you leave the cream cheese in the foil, it will stay cold and take longer to soften.
- Microwave the cream cheese for short 10-second intervals to quickly soften it. This will save you time waiting for the cream cheese to be ready to use. Be sure not to overheat the cream cheese and stop microwaving once it becomes slightly softened to the touch and feels room temperature.
- Use a stand mixer, hand mixer, or even a food processor to blend and combine the cream cheese ingredients until smooth.
- Partially stir in the strawberry jam at the very end so you can still see those beautiful pink swirls in the cream cheese!
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about this recipe? Here are some additional tips and commonly asked questions:
This strawberry cream cheese recipe is healthier than most! It uses real strawberry ingredients and is naturally sweetened. Storebought versions may contain artificial flavoring and a lot of processed sugar.
Spread strawberry-flavored cream cheese onto bagels or toast or dip fresh strawberries or pretzels into the cream cheese for a sweet treat!
You'll need a mixing bowl, a mixer or food processor, a rubber spatula, a tablespoon, and an airtight storage container to make this recipe.
Store cream cheese spread with strawberries in an airtight container (I like to use a small glass Pyrex dish) and place in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!
Did you try this strawberry cream cheese spread? Leave a five ⭐️ review below and tag @bakedabundance on Instagram & Facebook!