Don't throw out those old bananas! Instead, save a ripe banana to make this healthy Peanut Butter Banana Chia Pudding! This vegan breakfast is packed with protein and rich flavor! The best part? You can make this recipe the night before for an easy grab and go breakfast option!
This healthy breakfast is made with non-dairy milk, chia seeds, creamy nut butter and ripe banana. Feeling fancy? Top your chia seed pudding with a dollop of yogurt and more peanut butter. Or with a handful of this banana bread granola to add some crunch and extra banana flavor!
How to Make Peanut Butter Banana Chia Pudding:
To make this delicious, healthy breakfast pudding, first we need some mashed ripe banana! Dirty less dishes by mashing the ripe banana with a fork right on the banana skin. Add your mashed banana to a mason jar or glass container with a lid.
Next, pour in your non-dairy milk of choice along with a tablespoon of pure maple syrup. Now it's time to add the magic ingredient: chia seeds! Stir your chia seeds into the banana milk mixture until thoroughly mixed.
Finally, finish off your chia seed pudding with a pinch of cinnamon and pop the glass container into the fridge to thicken. This should take a few hours or you can leave it overnight.
Tips for Making the BEST Chia Seed Pudding!
Want to know the secret to making great chia pudding? Here it is... STIR WELL.
Stirring your peanut butter banana chia pudding thoroughly is the best tip to get the best consistency. Make sure the chia seeds are not sticking or clumping together before you put the pudding in the fridge to thicken. I like to use a fork to stir the chia pudding mixture, however you could use a small whisk if your seeds are clumping together.
I make a batch of chia pudding in a mason jar and leave it in the fridge overnight so it's all set for the next morning! Bonus points if you remember to give it another stir before going to bed! This ensures your pudding is smooth and well mixed, but is optional! (I usually forget so no bonus points for me!)
Everything You'll Need
- Chia Seeds: The Magic Ingredient! Chia seeds expand when soaked in liquid and become gelatinous which creates a pudding-like texture!
- Non-Dairy Milk: Use any milk of your choosing to make this chia pudding. We typically use almond or oat milk to keep this recipe vegan and dairy-free!
- Pure Maple Syrup: Add a spoonful of pure maple syrup for some natural sweetness. Honey is also a great choice to make your chia pudding healthy and sweet!
- Ripe Banana: Mashed ripe banana adds natural sweetness and a classic banana flavor to this peanut butter banana chia pudding!
- Peanut Butter: This recipe calls for creamy, natural peanut butter to flavor the chia pudding and add some protein! Natural peanut butter doesn't have any added oils or sugar and should just include peanuts (and sometimes salt!).
- Cinnamon: A pinch of cinnamon elevates this chia pudding and pairs well with nut butter.
Peanut Butter and Banana... A Classic Flavor Combo!
Pairing peanut butter and banana together always reminds me of my childhood. I remember my dad slicing a banana in half to make my brother and I peanut butter banana "boats" as a late night snack! Little did I know, he mixed the peanut butter with a little mayo so it spreads easier onto the slippery banana halves. I think this is a trick he learned from my grandma! But as a picky eater who doesn't like most condiments, I was not too pleased when I made this discovery!
Need to make a substitution?
Swap the peanut butter for your favorite seed butter like this sunflower butter.
I'd recommend substituting honey for the pure maple syrup if you don't have real maple syrup at home.
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Classic Breakfast Acai Bowl
- Healthier Lemon Crumb Muffins
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Clusters
- Chocolate Iced Coffee Protein Smoothie
If you make this peanut butter banana chia pudding, be sure to tag #bakedabundance on Instagram. We’d also love if you would leave a comment below and rate the recipe. We appreciate you!Print