Get the taste of campfire s’mores in the kitchen with these chewy s’mores cookies. These cookies are made with marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers.
Jump to section:
Why You’ll Love These Cookies With Mini Marshmallows
Adding marshmallows to cookies is so fun! Baked marshmallows create little pockets of sticky sweetness throughout the cookie. And they look adorable on top! This is the perfect way to celebrate a summer classic.
A Twist on Traditional Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nothing can replace a good chocolate chip cookie. But, it is nice to mix things up from time to time! This recipe is similar to a regular chocolate chip cookie recipe, but with a few extra ingredients to up the flavor and the fun.
Made With Crushed Graham Crackers & Dark Chocolate
Graham crackers are so yummy and they give these cookies a slight honey-like flavor. If you love cinnamon, you could opt for cinnamon graham crackers instead!
I love dark chocolate, so that’s what I bake with the most! However, you could use bittersweet, semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips as well. Dark chocolate helps balance out the sweetness in these cookies since it tends to taste a little more bitter.
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Baking soda
- Graham crackers
- Mini marshmallows
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free all-purpose baking flour and gf graham crackers like these ones.
Can I use regular-sized marshmallows?
I have not tested this recipe with full-size marshmallows. I recommend sticking to the mini marshmallows. Or you can cut up larger marshmallows into small pieces.
Do I have to chill the cookie dough before baking?
You don’t have to chill this cookie dough recipe. However, by chilling your cookie dough, you’ll get a better texture. I typically like to chill my cookie dough for 15 to 30 minutes.
More Cookie Recipes:
If you make these s'mores cookies, be sure to tag #bakedabundance on Instagram. We’d also love it if you would leave a comment below and rate the recipe. We appreciate you!Print
These s'mores cookies taste like summer! Packed with mini marshmallows, crushed graham cracker and melty pools of dark chocolate. You're going to love them!
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 15 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 graham cracker sheets, crushed
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together melted butter and sugars. Next, add egg and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to form the cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chips, graham cracker and marshmallows.
- For best texture, refrigerate dough for at least 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to cookie dough balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Top each cookie dough ball with one or two mini marshmallows. Add additional crushed graham cracker or chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake cookies for about 12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Let cool before removing from the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container for 5 days.
If you want to use less sugar, you can decrease the white sugar to ¼ cup.
You can substitute chopped chocolate bars for chocolate chips.
Makes 12-15 cookies depending on size.
Keywords: s'mores cookies, chocolate chip cookies, smores, marshmallow, chocolate, graham cracker, summer
Leave a Reply