Introducing the perfect snack to enjoy when you're in the mood to celebrate fall flavors. This Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola includes rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin seeds. Add to yogurt or this Pumpkin Overnight Oatmeal for a crunchy topping.
Why You'll Love Homemade Pumpkin Granola!
Our healthy pumpkin spice granola is good for you, smells like fall and tastes wonderful! It's easy to make in one bowl and keeps on the counter stored in a glass mason jar for weeks. What's not to love?!
Lots of spices including pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and ginger give this crunchy granola it's fragrant fall flavor. Pure maple syrup and honey keep this recipe refined sugar-free and perfectly sweet to enjoy for breakfast or a snack. Feel good about enjoying a source of healthy fats from the melted coconut oil.
Have a question about making any ingredient swaps? Keep reading or head to the bottom of this post to see my recommendations in the suggestions section of this blog post.
What Mix Ins Should You Add to This Easy Snack?
Good granola is all about the mix ins!! Plain old oats are out and crunchy nuts and seeds, healthy fats, natural sweeteners and warming spices are in! I like to add walnuts, pecans and pumpkin seeds or pepitas to this healthy granola. Using different nuts and seeds like almonds or sunflower seeds would also be delicious! Here's a few more mix in ideas that you could add after baking:
- Golden raisins
- Chopped Dates
- Hemp Hearts
- Dried Cranberries
- Brown Rice Cereal
How To Make Healthy Pumpkin Spice Granola:
Before you start mixing ingredients to make this sweet, pumpkin seed granola, grab a large mixing bowl, small rubber spatula, measuring cups and spoons and set out your ingredients. Taking an extra minute to get organized is well worth it when you can whiz through this process and swiftly pop your granola into the oven with ease.
To your mixing bowl, start by adding the oats, oat flour, spices, salt, and flaxseed and chia seeds if you have them. Give the dry ingredients a good stir to combine.
Next, add in the wet ingredients starting with the honey, pure maple syrup, vanilla and melted coconut oil.
Lastly, stir in any mix ins like nuts and seeds. Stir your granola mixture thoroughly and transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in the oven to bake and stir halfway through baking. Let granola cool completely and enjoy!
Tips for Making Homemade Granola:
Making granola at home is easy and affordable and we love having it on hand! Homemade granola is delicious with yogurt, smoothie bowls or as a mid-day snack. Even if you're not a baking expert yet, we promise you can master making this crunchy, refined sugar-free granola on your first try! Follow our tips and soon you'll be as granola obsessed as we are.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use a spatula to flip and stir granola halfway through baking
- Use an additional baking sheet each time you double the recipe (2x = 2 baking sheets, 3x = 3 baking sheets)
- Lower your traditional oven temp of 350F to 325F, we don't want to rush this bake
- Don't over-bake, otherwise your granola will taste bitter and get too dark in color
- Let cool completely untouched on the baking sheet before stirring or removing
Everything You'll Need
Pumpkin Spice Granola:
- Rolled Oats
- Oat Flour
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Flaxseed
- Chia Seeds
- Coconut Oil
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas)
Need to make a substitution?
Make this naturally sweetened granola with gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats to enjoy gluten-free granola.
No Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Instead of pumpkin pie spice, make your own blend of warming spices like ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, and allspice.
Sub for Coconut Oil?
I have not tested this recipe with any other oil, however, I would guess that avocado or olive oil would work too.
Substitute the honey for more pure maple syrup to make this recipe vegan-friendly.
More Breakfast Recipes:
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Clusters
- Healthy Pumpkin Overnight Oats
- Gluten-Free Oatmeal Banana Waffles
- Lemon Blueberry Greek Yogurt Muffins
If you make this healthy pumpkin spice granola, be sure to tag #bakedabundance on Instagram. We’d also love if you would leave a comment below and rate the recipe. We appreciate you!Print
Naturally Sweetened Pumpkin Spice Granola
This Naturally Sweetened Pumpkin Spice Granola includes rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin seeds. Add to yogurt, smoothie bowls, cereal or enjoy on its own as a healthy snack.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed, optional
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, optional
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds or pepitas
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: rolled oats, oat flour, spices and salt.
- Next, add melted coconut oil, honey, pure maple syrup and a splash of vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Lastly, add your mix ins. We're using chopped walnuts, pecans and pumpkin seeds in this healthy granola recipe.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola in an even layer.
- Bake granola at 325F for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through baking. Let cool completely before transferring from baking sheet to an airtight container or glass jar.
To make this recipe vegan, substitute the honey for pure maple syrup.
When doubling recipe, divide granola onto two lined baking sheets instead of one.
- Serving Size: 12
- Calories: 143.4kcal
- Sugar: 8.08g
- Sodium: 50.4mg
- Fat: 7.18g
- Saturated Fat: 2.53g
- Carbohydrates: 18.34g
- Fiber: 1.93g
- Protein: 2.87g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pumpkin spice granola, honey granola recipe, homemade granola, rolled oats recipe, pumpkin seed granola
Leave a Reply