Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
These walnut chocolate chip cookies are made with chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. They bake in under 12 minutes and have chewy centers and lightly golden edges. These are an elevated chocolate chip cookie and have a slightly nutty flavor. This recipe makes about 12 cookies.
- Author: Marley Braunlich
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. The butter and brown sugar will have lightened in color.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Fold chocolate chips and chopped walnuts into the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion out the dough. Roll the cookie dough ball in between your palms to help shape it into a round ball.
- Top the cookie dough balls with extra chocolate chips and walnut pieces before baking.
- Place 6 cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. I’d recommend baking for 10 minutes if you want a slightly under-baked cookie or if your oven runs hot. I found 12 minutes was the perfect time for a slightly crispy and chewy cookie with golden edges.
- Once you remove the baked cookies from the oven, top them with a pinch of sea salt if desired.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack or tray to cool completely. Store cooled cookies in an airtight container for up to a week. Cookies are best enjoyed in the first couple of days.
- See the blog post for more baking tips and details on how to customize this recipe.
Keywords: walnut chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip walnut cookies, walnut cookies, chocolate chip cookie recipe