Healthier Lemon Crumb Muffins
Let's make healthier lemon crumb muffins! These fluffy lemon muffins feature greek yogurt and a sweet crumble topping.
- Author: Marley Braunlich
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (or vanilla)
- zest of one lemon
- 1-2T lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F. Add eggs, greek yogurt, lemon zest and juice, lemon and vanilla extracts, and sugar (or honey) to your mixing bowl. Beat to combine.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and partially combine.
- Lastly, mix in melted butter (or coconut oil) and mix batter until just combined.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or coconut oil and use a muffin scoop to divide batter into 9 equal muffins.
- Make crumb topping by mixing flour and sugars in a a bowl. Use a knife to chop 3 tablespoons of butter into cubes. Use your fingers to rub the flour and butter together until the crumb mixture comes together and becomes more fine. If you have a pastry cutter you can use this instead of your hands.
- Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray or coconut oil. Scoop muffin batter into pan about 3/4 of the way and top each muffin with crumb topping.
- Bake at 400F for 15 minutes until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean with little to no crumbs.
- Allow lemon crumb muffins to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days or on the counter for 3-5 days.
Keywords: lemon crumb muffins, healthy greek yogurt muffins