chocolate bundt cake
You’re going to love this easy, moist chocolate bundt cake recipe made with sour cream, cocoa powder and topped with a rich chocolate glaze. Perfect every time!
- Author: Marley
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour, spooned and leveled
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Add the egg, melted butter, greek yogurt or sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla to a bowl. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients together until slightly frothy.
- Spoon and level your flour and add to the wet ingredients followed by the cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to partially combine.
- Add the water and stir to combine. Use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Do not over-mix.
- Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder. Pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted into the cake comes out clean or with little crumbs. Let the cake cool in the bundt pan for 20-30 minutes before removing it. Let the cake finish cooling before you add the glaze.
- To make the glaze, add all of the ingredients to a heat-safe bowl and use the double boiler method to melt the chocolate. The simmering water should not touch the bottom of your bowl. Gently stir the ingredients until they are fully combined. Remove from heat and use a small whisk to give the glaze a final stir. Glaze will thicken as it sits.
- Once the glaze is thickened to your liking, pour it over the cooled bundt cake and let it drip down the sides.
Keywords: chocolate bundt cake, chocolate glaze, dark chocolate cake, glazed bundt cake