No-Bake Birds Nest Cookies
These birds nest cookies are made with only 3 ingredients including puffed rice cereal, chocolate chips and creamy peanut butter. These no-bake treats are topped with mini Cadbury eggs. This is a festive recipe to make for Spring and Easter.
- Author: Marley Braunlich
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: No-bake, Freezer
- Cuisine: American
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks (I use semi-sweet or dark chocolate)
- Cadbury eggs, for topping
- Add natural peanut butter and chocolate chips to a bowl. Melt in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until smooth and melted.
- Add the puffed rice cereal to the melted chocolate peanut butter mixture. Use a rubber spatula or large spoon to gently fold the cereal until it is fully coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Add the chocolate rice mixture into each muffin tin. Use a tablespoon to make a small indent in the center of each muffin cup. This is where the Cadbury eggs will sit. Make sure you press the tablespoon in enough so you form an edge and the eggs won't roll out.
- Place the muffin tin in the fridge or freezer until the chocolate is set. Once the chocolate is set, slide a butter knife or the handle of a measuring cup along the side of the muffin tin to release and scoop the chocolate cookie cup out of the tin.
- Arrange the bird's nest cookie cups on a small baking tray or platter. Top each no-bake cookie with 3 mini eggs. Store in the fridge so the chocolate does not melt. Serve chilled. Cookies are best enjoyed within 7 to 10 days.
- See the blog post for more baking tips and details on how to customize this recipe.
Keywords: birds nest cookies, no bake cookies, easter cookies, chocolate peanut butter cookies, bird's nest cookie recipe