Matcha White Chocolate Chip Cookies
These matcha cookies with white chocolate chips are super chewy, have a unique matcha flavor and are topped with extra white chocolate chips! This is a no-chill recipe so these cookies can be baked right away and in your belly even faster.
- Author: Marley Braunlich
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 12-15 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons matcha powder (culinary grade)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I used mini chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (176°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add an egg and some vanilla extract to the bowl, and continue to beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, making sure the matcha powder is fully incorporated into the flour.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl, and beat until you have a sticky dough. Fold in the white chocolate chip cookies with a rubber spatula.
- Use a small or medium-sized cookie scoop to portion out the dough into about 12 to 15 dough balls. Roll scooped cookie dough in between your palms to form a round ball. Gently press the tops of the cookie dough balls into extra white chocolate chips. Place 6 cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 2 inches between each one.
- Bake the cookies on the center rack of your oven for about 12 minutes. The edges should look crisp, the white chocolate chips may start to look golden and the bottoms of the cookies may appear are lightly golden.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for at least 3 minutes before transferring them to a plate or cooling rack to cool completely.
- Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- See the blog post for more baking tips and details on how to customize this recipe.
Keywords: matcha cookies, matcha white chocolate chip cookies, green cookies, white chocolate chip cookies, no chill cookies